Connect with us

Cover

Breaking: Tinubu Govt Suspends Buhari’s N-Power indefinitely, commence Probe

Published

on

 

Newslens NG reports that N-Power program which was launched by Former President Muhammadu Buhari to address the issue of youth unemployment has been suspended indefinitely by the Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led federal government.
But speaking in an interview on TVC News on Saturday, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation Betta Edu announced the indefinite suspension of the program, adding that the government has begun an investigation into its activities.

Advertisement

She stated that the decision to suspend N-Power was due to some irregularities within the scheme, adding the government has launched an investigation into the utilization of funds since the inception of the program.

According to the Minister, some beneficiaries are not found in their place of assignment, yet they expect monthly stipends.

Advertisement

Edu claimed that some N-Power beneficiaries should have exited the program in 2022 but are still on the payroll.

She said, “We must go back to look into N-Power and understand what the problems are, so we will basically suspend the programe for now until we are done with proper investigation into the utilization of funds into the N-Power program.

Advertisement

“We want to know how many persons are basically on the program right now, how many persons are owed, amount they are owed. We are totally restructuring the N-Power and expanding it.

“There are lots going on. We met people who are supposed to have exited the program since last year and they are still on claiming that they are still teaching.

Advertisement

“Sometimes we contact the school or the places where they are working, and they are not there. They are not working yet they keep claiming that they are being owed eight or nine months stipends.

“About 80 percent of them are not working yet they are claiming salaries.”

Advertisement

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

news1 day ago

2027 Ondo North Senate: ATM secures Backing of Monarchs, Chiefs

Uncategorized3 days ago

Fidelity Bank Chairman Amaka Onwughalu wins “Women on Bank Boards” at AWBFA 2026

Banking/Finance3 days ago

Wema Bank Plc Sets the Record Straight on False and Misleading Publication by NDIC on Legacy Transactions Involving Defunct Gulf Bank Plc

Cover3 days ago

Excitement as Zamfara Under Governor Lawal Begins Airlift of Pilgrims at Zamfara Airport

Banking/Finance7 days ago

Fidelity Bank’s gross earnings rise by 45%, shareholders’ funds cross N1trn mark

Cover7 days ago

Aare Adetola EmmanuelKing Felicitates Olofin of Ilisan Remo on 86th Birthday

Banking/Finance7 days ago

Mirroring Fidelity Bank’s Giant Footprints in Aviation Financing in Nigeria

Cover7 days ago

Governor Dauda Lawal Hails Troops for Successful Fight against Banditry, Terrorism across Zamfara State

Cover1 week ago

Governor Dauda Lawal Approves N3.2 Billion to renovate School of Nursing in Zurmi

Cover1 week ago

2027: Lagosians Unite For Tinubu As Lawmaker Declares Bid

news1 week ago

Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Dismisses Preliminary Objections, Bail Application of Intermediate Investment Holdings Boss, Ufoma Joseph Immanuel in Lagos

Cover1 week ago

IGP Commends Officers’ Bravery as Ondo CP Reinforces Professionalism, Discipline and Electoral Neutrality

Cover1 week ago

Fidelity Bank Provides Critical Funding Support to Abuja Special Needs Orphanage

Cover2 weeks ago

NASSCO Honours Zamfara Governor Dauda Lawal with Excellence Award for Inclusive Governance

business2 weeks ago

Dangote Refinery says ex‑depot price remains unchanged