Connect with us

Cover

Revealed: Napoli Star Victor Osimhen Under Pressure, Locked In Hotel Room For Three Days

Published

on

 

 

Advertisement

 

Nigerian professional player and Super Eagles’ star, Victor Osimhen, was reportedly hiddened and locked in a hotel room in 2020 to stop him from joining English Premier League side, Liverpool.

Advertisement

 

Reports are that Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, had showed keen interest in the then Lille top striker but Napoli did not want him to sign for another club.

Advertisement

Speaking during a recent interview, Cristiano Giuntoli’s former collaborator, Giandomenico Costi told journalists how Napoli director hid the Nigerian player in a hotel for three days persuading him to sign for the Partenopei and snub the Reds.

It was gathered that Costi was instrumental to Giuntoli’s move to Carpi in 2009 and then followed the 51-year-old to the Stadio Maradona in 2018.

Advertisement

He was one of Giuntoli’s closest collaborators and the pair has worked together for almost nine years. He is said to be one of the architects of Napoli’s first Serie A title in 33 years, an achievement also obtained thanks to the signings of Osimhen and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.

“The signing of Osimhen is Giuntoli’s biggest masterpiece,” Costi told Tuttosport newspaper earlier on Tuesday.

Advertisement

“He [Osimhen] was locked in a hotel for three days. Giuntoli knew Liverpool were interested, and Jurgen Klopp had made his move, but Cristiano spoke to Osimhen in the hotel for three days until he convinced him to accept Napoli.

“He was full of energy. Giuntoli is a director who would call you 100 times a day,” the ex-Carpi director noted while speaking on Osimhen’s career at Napoli.

Advertisement

“He knew Victor very well, he had even followed him at Charleroi,” he added.

 

Advertisement

Osimhen is now on top priority for the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.

The Premier League clubs are hopeful of landing a deal with Napoli for the 24-year-old striker ahead of 2023-24 season.

Advertisement

Also, Man United are interested in the Partenopei centre back, Kim Min-jae who joined the Partenopei in 2021 from Fenerbache for just €18m.

“With Kim, it was easier,” Costi said adding that “Cristiano didn’t need to scrutinise many defenders to understand that he was the right one.”

Advertisement

Giuntoli has a year left in his contract with Napoli but has reached an agreement with Juventus, so Costi was asked whether the 51-year-old is ready to move to the Allianz Stadium.

“He is, surely, but he’d be ready for any club. At Juventus, he would have the best facilities in the world. He knows football very well and he can adapt to any context which is rare for a director who hasn’t been a professional footballer at the highest levels,” Costi noted.

Advertisement

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Cover22 hours ago

Nigerian Microdramas Rack Up 44.7 Million Views in One Week, Spotlighting Africa’s Growing Vertical Entertainment Industry

Banking/Finance23 hours ago

Fidelity Bank Deepens Commitment to Food Security in Abeokuta

Cover2 days ago

Veteran Nollywood Actor Ogogo Battling Stage 4 Cancer, Children Cry Out for Help in Emotional Video

Cover4 days ago

Defence Headquarters Confirms Hacking of Social Media Account, Warns Nigerians Against Fake Posts

Cover4 days ago

Governor Ademola Adeleke Re-Endorses President Tinubu For 2027 After Election Victory

Cover4 days ago

INEC Declares Ademola Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election

Cover5 days ago

INTERNATIONAL CRUSADE FOR ZION MINISTRY KICKS OFF IN IMO STATE FRIDAY

Cover5 days ago

Osun Election: Soldiers Bar Davido From Entering Osun State, Singer Raises Alarm

news6 days ago

2027: Great Joshua MacIver Declares Governorship Ambition, Pledges ₦70m Monthly to PDP

business7 days ago

Access’ Recognition by CFA Society Signals a New Standard for Developing Africa’s Future Financial Leaders

business7 days ago

NPS Processes Over 26 Million Transactions as First Bank and Fidelity Bank Lead in Volume and Value

Cover1 week ago

Nigeria Police Summon APC Senator Fadahunsi Over Alleged Threat Against Accord Members

business1 week ago

Dangote Refinery: Domestic Crude Must Be Available and Commercially Viable

business1 week ago

Tanzania Eyes Expanded Dangote Investments in Fertiliser, Energy, Infrastructure

Cover2 weeks ago

EPINMI AKOKO: A COMMUNITY REAWAKENED, ON PATH OF RENEWAL UNDER OBA AYODELE IDRIS