Connect with us

news

Northern Group Alleges N200 Million Bribe From Zamfara Governor Dauda Lawal to Frame Bello Matawalle

Published

on

The Concerned Northern Forum (CNF) has distanced itself from a controversial press conference held on Monday in Kaduna, where its supposed chairman, Alhaji Aliyu Muhammad Sani, accused the Minister of State for Defence and former Zamfara Governor, Bello Matawalle, of financial mismanagement.
In a sharp rebuttal on Tuesday evening, CNF Secretary, Abubakar Suleiman, described the event as a “shameful charade” allegedly sponsored with a N200 million bribe by agents of the current Zamfara Governor, Dauda Lawal.
He said the aim was to smear Matawalle and distract from the real rot within the Zamfara government.
“Governor Dauda Lawal and his people have tried everything possible to tarnish Matawalle’s image. This time, they bribed a handful of desperate individuals with N200 million to hijack our platform and stage a scripted attack. We disown that charade in its entirety,” Suleiman said.
He maintained that the CNF neither authorised nor participated in the press conference and had previously warned Aliyu Sani not to drag the Forum into political vendettas.
“No meeting was held, no mandate was given. What happened was the personal decision of a few compromised individuals. They do not speak for us,” Suleiman stated.
He alleged that Lawal’s administration had diverted over N10 billion in local government funds to sponsor this and similar smear campaigns against Matawalle and the federal government, while governance in Zamfara continued to deteriorate.
“Zamfara is on its knees. Insecurity is worsening, people are suffering, and instead of solving real problems, this administration is spending public funds on media stunts,” he said.
Suleiman further revealed that during Monday’s event in Kaduna, the group deliberately refused to stand with Aliyu Sani after learning that he had recruited non-members and thugs with offers of N200,000 each — funds allegedly traced to Dauda Lawal.
The CNF secretary also called on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to resist being used as a tool in political battles, stating that if anyone deserved investigation, it was Governor Lawal.
“We challenge the EFCC to look into the billions received and mismanaged by Dauda Lawal in the past two years. His hands are not clean,” Suleiman asserted.
“If those behind this plot do not retract their falsehoods and apologise publicly, we will explore legal options to defend the integrity of this Forum and the truth.”
The CNF reaffirmed its stance on transparency, justice, and development, insisting that it will not be used to settle political scores.
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Cover22 minutes ago

101-Year-Old Woman Arrested for Alleged Cannabis Sales in Ogun as NDLEA Recovers Cocaine Hidden in Fufu

Cover44 minutes ago

Ondo Police Arrest Two Suspected Kidnappers, Expand Probe Into Wider Network

Cover3 hours ago

VIDEO: Why Tinubu Picked Himself As 2027 APC Campaign Council Chairman – Dino Melaye Reveals

Cover6 hours ago

Premier League: Five Lessons From Saturday’s Shock Results

Cover6 hours ago

Controversy Trails Sheikh Asada’s Firearm Display Amid Alleged Death Threats

Cover1 day ago

Tinubu Unveils APC 2027 Presidential Campaign Council, Names Yari As DG

Cover2 days ago

FG Declares August 25 Public Holiday for Eid ul-Mawlid

Cover2 days ago

Ondo CP Leads Walkathon to Mark 2026 International Youth Day

Cover2 days ago

When a Soldier Blocks a Protester: What the Ex-Serviceman’s Confrontation Says About Power, Courage and Civil Rights

Cover2 days ago

Ondo, Edo Police Launch Joint Operation to Flush Out Criminals Along Border Communities

Cover4 days ago

Nigerian Microdramas Rack Up 44.7 Million Views in One Week, Spotlighting Africa’s Growing Vertical Entertainment Industry

Banking/Finance4 days ago

Fidelity Bank Deepens Commitment to Food Security in Abeokuta

Cover5 days ago

Veteran Nollywood Actor Ogogo Battling Stage 4 Cancer, Children Cry Out for Help in Emotional Video

Cover7 days ago

Defence Headquarters Confirms Hacking of Social Media Account, Warns Nigerians Against Fake Posts

Cover7 days ago

Governor Ademola Adeleke Re-Endorses President Tinubu For 2027 After Election Victory